Welcome to TonicBars
The concept is a Bar (quickbar) manager. It will allow you to create Bars and manage different attributes for them. To compliment traditional bars, is a new concept called Extensions. The idea though is that you select a quickslot on your main bar you want to extend. You then indicate which direction you want this bar to extend into. There is a list of predefined configurations such as: Hunter Travel, Warden Travel, LM Combat Pets, LM Cosmetic Pets, and many more.
- Organize skills, items, mounts, pets, and more onto Quick-Bars for easy access.
- Trigger those bars to display under certain circumstances.
- Health Drops below some Percentage
- Power Drops below some Percentage
- Customize the Bars in terms of:
- How many quickslots to show (aka, the size of the bar)
- How many columns to show (aka, make this a horizontal bar)
- Spacing between the quickslots
- Size of quickslots (somewhat limiting because of the API)
- Bar Background Color
- Bar Opacity
- Shortcut Opacity
- Remove Opacity when moused over
- Add Extensions to a bar (basically a way to hide additional skills, but get to them VERY quickly when needed).
- Display Extension when moused over
- Display Extension when moused over & Roll up the selection to main bar
- Don't display extension on mouse, but randomly pick a shortcut on the extension
- Don't display extension on mouse, but cycle through shortcuts on the extension on mouse over
- Copy bars, Reset Bars, Copy the entire bar setup from another character on the same server.
Created by Merric at "A Casual Stroll to Mordor" located here: Video for a more detailed description of how TonicBars works and what people think about it.
How To Use:
When you first load up TonicBar you’ll get an icon that resembles an Goblet with a green ozing luqid that appears in the upper left of the screen. You can freely move that anywhere you want. When you click it, the MainMenu screen will be displayed. Once displayed, you can Add Standard quickslot bars, Add Extension Bars (bars that are only displayed when you mouse over their connecting quickslot), modify generic options such as coping Bars from another character on the same server, and more.
Once you have added a standard bar, and the MainMenu is currently visible, you can move that bar anywhere you want using the Tab that is sticking out over top the bar. This Tab is green and easily identifiable.
From here, you can layout your bars and use the MainMenu to setup the bar settings, such as, is the bar LOCKED, how many quickslots, how many columns, is it a combat bar, show when ALT is pressed or Control or Shift, Opacity, etc.
Once you Close that MainMenu it locks down the bars. They can not be moved, pressed, etc. You can still add skills to it, but the bar can’t be moved. Opening up the MainMenu again will allow you to configure their locations.
Adding extension bars can greatly unclutter your interface. Use these bars to hide hunters/wardens ports, stances, horses, pets, and more. An extension bar can do a lot of things. The idea though is that you select a quickslot on your main bar you want to extend. You then indicate which direction you want this bar to extend into.
You can then select how you want the extension to work and what you want to show up on it. There is a list of predefined configurations such as: Hunter Travel, Warden Travel, LM Combat Pets, LM Cosmetic Pets, and housing.
You can also indicate what to do when mousing over the extension. You can make it so when you mouse over the quickslot it will cycle through the quickslots on the extenion bar, or that it will choose a random entry. Lastly you can have the extension roll the last selection to the connected quickslot when you select something.
Plugin doesn't work what happened?
First and foremost make sure that we put the plugin in the right folder. It should be in: "/lord of the rings online/plugins/tonic/..." it can not have an extra directory in there like "/lord of the rings online/plugins/<tonicbars_v1.2>/tonic/..." that won't work.
Try loading the plugin using: "/plugins load tonicbars" does this work? Do you get anything on the Console saying there is an error? (you can unload this plugin using "/plugins unload tonicbars" )
If you load it and you don't see errors on the console window, look in the upper left of your window for an icon with a Green Goblet in it. You can move that anywhere on the window and click it to get the main menu, you are good to go.
For more information on where to install plugins and how to use them:
Suggestions, Comments, Problems?
If you are having issues, please read the above section and if you are still having an issue: Feel free to contact me on this thread, Send me an IM, or Send me an email at: TonicBars@gmail.com
Removed annoying debug messages. Sorry about that everyone!
- Fixed extension issues where Extensions might not display consistantly.
- Added Ability to remove the Launcher and use commands to get to the main menus. (There is a checkbox in the Generic Settings).
- Brought all required libraries into the plugin (This is no longer dependent on the Turbine Libraries.)
- Added support to make bars visible when: Poisoned, Feared, Diseased, or Wounded. Also when your Health or Power drop below a specified %. All of these types of things are now called Triggers
- Refactored Menu code to display Triggers and Color options in a much better way. Making menus much easier to navigate.
- pgmatg provided me with additional Pre-sets for Extension Bars these include: Reputation Travel, Captain Pets, Horses, Horses (rep horses), Ponies, Ponies (rep ponies), Instruments, Mini DPS.
- There was a request to Cycle an extension on click. It appears at this time, I can't accomidate this request. When you click on the extension I can make it progress, but you don't activate the skill, so it's kind of pointless.
- Command line arguments for loading the main menu. Just type "/tonicbars"
- Hide bars when F12 is pressed.
- Optimized code to prevent performance issues at the start of combat.
- Optimized the loading process there should be no more 15+ writes to disk on load.
- Made it so that every mouse click (up AND down) does not refresh EVERY bar.
- Many small fixes... the most important: When adding an extension, the main menu will refresh correctly.
- Fixes for mouse over bugs
- Moved Menu Classes for extendability
- Many other smaller fixes.
What to expect going forward
- Looking for ideas... please email me if you have any.
- 8 comments
- Date created
- Sep 13, 2010
- Last update
- Jun 14, 2012
- Development stage
- GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- Curse link
- Recent files
- R: v2.7 for Volume III, Book 2: The Ride of the Grey Company Jun 14, 2012
- R: v2.6.3 (r130) for Volume III, Book 2: The Ride of the Grey Company Feb 07, 2012
- A: r129 for Volume III, Book 2: The Ride of the Grey Company Feb 06, 2012
- R: v2.6.2 (r128) for Volume III, Book 2: The Ride of the Grey Company Oct 19, 2011
- R: v2.6.1(r127) for Volume III, Book 2: The Ride of the Grey Company Oct 17, 2011